IPBES, the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services, is recruiting a dedicated individual to provide technical and administrative support to the global assessment on biodiversity and ecosystem services, as part of the technical support unit for that assessment, located within the IPBES secretariat in Bonn, Germany.
The assignment will include a number of general tasks aimed at assisting experts in the delivery of the assessment report, as well as a set of tasks of a more technical nature, related to the delivery of literature, data and indicators to experts, which will be performed in close collaboration with the Task Force on Data and Knowledge and its technical support unit.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist experts in delivering their work
- Assist in preparing assessment meetings
- Assist in preparation of other meetings presenting the global assessment
- Assist in production and launch of the assessment report
Qualifications and experience:
Advanced university degree (minimum Master’s degree or equivalent) in biodiversity or environment related field.
2) Work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in project management, environmental management, sustainable development and/or conducting environment related assessments or research.
- Technical expertise: Background in GIS, specifically the production of maps and basic spatial data analysis. Experience in ArcGIS or equivalent mapping software.
- Experience in the management of datasets and basic database skills a plus.
- Experience with the UN system, especially in the field of international environmental issues is an asset.
- Experience in the field of coordination of biodiversity-related assessments is an asset.
Duration: 31 December 2017, with possibility for extension until mid-2019
Deadline: 14 March 2017.
For more information:
Download the full job description
Application: click here