1. Introduction & Objectives
Welcome to the webpage of the Economic and Monetary Valuation Thematic Working Group of the Ecosystem Services Partnership (ESP). This TWG was set up in November 2013 to facilitate dialogue between scientists and stakeholders on the economic and monetary valuation of ecosystems services.
- To identify the main research priorities and challenges on the economic valuation of ES,
- To identify the emerging tools and methodologies of socio-economic dimension of ES,
- To identify the key factors that determine the economic, cultural and social distribution of ES across different social groups,
- To evaluate the social changes underlying the flows of ES,
- To help identify research and knowledge gaps on those linkages,
- To facilitate the developmetn of integrated assessments of ES and the dialogue within the scientific community,
- To explore how scientists can contribute to the science / policy interface on issues affecting ecosystems and human welfare, including support for global or regional processes such as IPBES, the IPCC, and the international sustainable development agenda post-2015,
- To advocate the application of valuation of ES in decision making processes, especially in development projects.
2. Lead Team & Members
- Sebastian Villasante (Chair), University Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Ursula Kirchholtes, Witteveen+Bos, The Netherlands
- Awang Noor, Universiti Putra, Malaysia
- Peter Schuhmann, Univeristy of North Carolina, USA
- Lambini Cosmas Kombat, University of Bayreuth, Germany
- Francesca Visintin, eFrame Ltd, Italy
- Stephanie Stefanski, Yale University, USA
- Susana Rivero Rodriguez, University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Joao Rodrigues, University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Lead team, please contact the current lead team members.
If you are interested in becoming a member of this Working group, please click here.
3. More Information
For more information about this sub-working group click on one of the following links: