1. Introduction & Objectives
The objective of this TWG is an advanced sustainable tourism and nature conservation through an interdisciplinary network of academic and professional experts in the sciences, social sciences, and humanities. With this broad platform the tourism working group will seek to provide eco-rational tourism solutions by engaging in basic, applied and citizen science research in the various fields. Ecosystem – tourism interactions will be taken into account on all relevant levels, ranging from the local to the global.
The network partners will seek to:
- Structure, classify, and better understand the interlinkages between tourism and ecosystem services;
- Define and understand the nature of the ecosystem services provided to tourism;
- Develop a holistic understanding of tourist experiences of nature by integrating social-scientific knowledge;
- Explore and share best practices and models of integration of sustainable tourism and nature conservation at local, regional, and global scales.
2. Lead Team & Members
- Salma Talhouk (Chair), American University of Beirut, Lebanon (Co-leader)
- Bas Amelung (Chair), Wageningen University, the Netherlands (Co-leader)
- Basma Bou Ghanem
- Eva Streberová, Comenius University, Slovakia
- Sylwia Kulczyk, University of Warsaw, Poland
- Josep Pueyo-Ros, University of Girona, Spain
- Philipp Schaegner, Institute for Environment and Sustainability, Italy
- Fernando Correia, Hull University Business School at Scarborough, United Kingdom
- Carlos Ferreira, Univeristy of Lisbon, Portugal
- Sara Duarte, Univeristy of Lisbon, Portugal
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Lead team, please contact the current lead team members.
If you are interested in becoming a member of this Working group, please click here.
3. More Information
For more information about this working group click on one of the following links: